Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rooming with the 'Rents

It's been much too long since I have posted, but as I finally have a weekend off, there's no better time than the present.  Not only do I have the weekend off, but the rents are both away so I have the house to myself.  It's kind of an odd feeling being "home alone" in a literal sense. While most of the time it is depressing at best to tell people I live with my parents and I have a laundry list of reasons why I can't wait to move out, there are certainly some upsides.  Beyond the obvious reasons such as saving money, I've come to appreciate lots of other little things.  So in lieu of Thanksgiving next week, I figured I'd write about the silver lining of being a recent graduate who moved back home.

There are few things in the world more sad and/or awkward than eating out alone.  Anyone who knows me knows I love to eat out (mostly because my cooking skills are nonexistent).   Now I can get my food fixes without looking like a loser.

A dark house is much less scary when you don't live alone.

Currently, I am loving my permanent position on the sofa with no one around but my puppies.  But in general, I am very extroverted. As much as I look forward to having my own place, I worry that I'll be bored out of my mind without anyone around. So I guess for now, I am enjoying my parents' company.

The drive to work is amazingly short. More importantly, the drive FROM work is amazingly short.  Thank goodness.

2 words: laundry room.

I'm very short, and it is very nice to have taller individuals around to change light bulbs and grab things off high shelves.

My parents are dressed much better now that their stylist is back at home keeping an eye on their wardrobe.

Overall, my relationship with my parents has grown tremendously.  I am so thankful that they both encourage and push me to do whatever I want and make it possible for me to pursue my dreams.  I am lucky to have such supportive parents who have shaped me into the person I am.  I now realize all of the little things that they have done throughout my life to provide me with a happy life.  I will always owe them everything, and I hope to one day be able to be as great of a parent to my children as they were and continue to be to me.  That being said, I guess it doesn't sound too bad to be staying with two wonderful people.  And I'm sure there is plenty left to be learned from them.

Still not convinced that living at home has its perks?  Here are some more important reasons why biting the bullet and moving back in with the 'rents can be a great decision.
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/younginvestors/08/stay-at-home.asp#axzz1eCBrTHUD

No comments:

Post a Comment