Monday, July 25, 2011

It's in the bag

Working girls need the appropriate attire to transition from the fashion Mecca that is college into the real world.  I refuse to give in to the monotony of pantsuits and button-ups just because I am supposed to be a professional.  So here I am searching for my grown-up identity, and at the same time creating my big-girl dream closet full of interesting, yet functional pieces.

On the upside, the time has finally come to be able to purchase all the little things I never thought I could pull off in Bloomington without looking ridiculous.  It is even possible I might begin to pass for older than sixteen.  On the downside, I don't really have a big girl salary to purchase all of these things, nor have I decided exactly what my post-college style is, should, or will be.

Once again I am trying to be reasonable, and get rid of the urge to splurge by posting a picture instead of purchasing a beautiful yet expensive bag.  Can I promise I still won't end up buying one?  No.  But it is highly unlikely that I will be the proud owner of one of these until Fossil decides to hold a MASSIVE fall sale (in which case, I still might not be able to afford it!) Either way, let me know which one you'd pick!


What a cute way to do cheetah!  I honestly don't think I own anything animal print because I generally think it looks cheap and/or tacky, but the rich brown leather and small amount of pattern makes it "spot-on".  However, if the printed area is made of that strange furry feeling fabric, that might be a dealbreaker.


Here's a very classic option that is perfect for business.  The color combo and interesting handle/strap makes it far from boring.  I love that it screams functionality, but I have yet to decide if it is too formal looking for my style.
I adore tote bags, and I am a little bit obsessed with grey.  I love the subtle woven details and the color is beautiful.  I think the size is great for fitting a lot of stuff, but it could be a problem that this purse doesn't have a zipper.  I think I'd be even more in love if  I could get the grey color in the satchel style, but too bad it only comes in tan!

Anyway, let's all keep our fingers crossed that one of these becomes mine one day :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment